August 18, 2008

Lane County Fair

This last Saturday, Dan and I went with Rob, Kristi, Aaron and Bryan to the Lane County Fair here in Eugene. I had been excited for this for awhile. It was pretty fun, but it was SO HOT!! It was in the upper 90's, which is really hot for Eugene. We still stayed for a couple of hours - they had pretty good rides, good food, and pretty good shows. They had this huge monster truck that they were giving rides on. It looked pretty cool, but it was five bucks for a ride! Rip off!

Rob and Kristi went on a ride and then Dan and I went on a different (and in my opinion better and more thrilling) ride. They were four bucks so we decided one was good enough.


Aaron LOVES Cotton Candy! I had no idea, but when I bought some and we got him to eat it, he kept coming back for more. It was actually handy though because if he wouldn't walk where we wanted him to walk, I would bribe him with the Cotton Candy. :) I'm such a bad influence...


They had pig races that we watched for a little while. The little pigs were so cute! I decided I'd have a baby pig as a pet someday. :)



Dan took off to get us an Elephant Ear to snack on and while he was gone, he ran into Smokey the Bear and got his picture taken with him. I had no idea he did this, but I love that he did. I think I'm rubbing off on him - this is something I'd do. :)

They had a guy named Dizzy Hips that does a hula hooping show that I was SO excited about! Where else can you see a guy that specializes in hula hooping?? So we went to his show and I was actually a little disappointed. He spent way too much time telling stupid jokes instead of doing tricks. Although I must say, when he did do his tricks, they were pretty impressive. So I'm happy we went - I doubt I'll get another chance to see something like that. :)

Here's a cute picture of Rob and family. :) I'm glad they came with us - they made it so fun!

5 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Oh how fun! Sorry the hoola hooping expert was a disappointment. That's such a cute picture of Aaron eating the cotton candy, but he looks so hot!

Wendy said...

That looks like fun! I bet it was worth braving the heat to go have fun!

Kristin said...

Ha ha ha!! I laughed when I saw the picture of Dan and Smokey! That's hilarious.

Camille said...

everybody needs an Aunt Angela.

Helmer Rivera said...

hello, i am Helmer Rivera from peru, my friend is Elder Phelps(Cody Phelps) in chiclayo Peru Mission, are you family with Cody Phelps?