August 15, 2008

Long time, no blog

It has been a while since we last posted on our blog. The last time Angie posted, I had just turned 30. Argh! Fact is, I don't feel old at all. To those of you who are dreading this milestone, don't sweat it. I feel the same as I did when I was in my 20's (see, you can say stuff like that when you're my age).

Anyway, Ang and I got a little culture in our lives during the past three weeks (and no, the fact that we were so bored and saw two movies at the theater a couple of Saturday's ago doesn't count). We attended a Scandinavian Festival last Saturday out in Junction City. It was entertaining for about an hour. The best part of the festival was the food. We had Swedish pancakes and a Finnish funnel cake (which was strikingly similar to a normal funnel cake). I also had a Swedish meatball-filled pastry that was surprisingly awesome! I'd definitely go back next year, but mainly for the food.

We visited our friends David and Kathy who just moved from Eugene to Medford recently and hung out with them down there. Ang, Kathy and her kids went to Ashland to see the sights and walk around the shops. It's a fun town to go visit for a weekend. I met up with them for lunch at a place called Louie's. They have some awesome garlic feta fries!

We also went out to the Oregon Sand Dunes and took a couple of dune buggy rides with a work associate of mine. We got up to 85 mph in those things! We even rode out to the ocean. It was both fun and adventurous for us.

Oh, and we went up along the McKenzie River and made a campfire and had s'mores with our Cub Scouts. We also visited a fish hatchery area up there, as well. Good times!

Those have been the highlights of our past three weeks. And keep in mind that we took none of these pictures.

The picutres came from the Scandinavian Festival's website. Check out the awesome music at the beginning!


http://www.scandinavianfestival.com/

Nakemiin!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun without us! Well, now we're back, so you can't have anymore fun. Blake and I went to that festival last year and the food was good...and like you said, that's about it.
Lets get together soon.

Kelly Stoddart said...

I am glad that you guys are having so much fun. It really makes me miss Oregon whenever I read your blog! I wouldn't worry about seeing two movies in the theatre in one day, at least you got out of the house. There are days when I don't even leave the house all day!

stephschmidt said...

You guys have so much fun! Seems like every time I talk to you you're doing something else, or heading somewhere fun. I love that you guys try all these new things (like the festival) and see so many places. I'm still waiting to hear how the Dizzy Hips Hoola Hooping Man was....

Deanne Hill said...

You guys make me jealous with all your trips and goings-on! :) I think seeing 2 movies is just grand! If our kids would sit through it, I'd see 2, maybe 3, maybe more...:)

Weavers said...

We've got to plan a trip right away just to try the garlic feta fries. It sounds so disgustingly delicious!!!