September 15, 2008

Portland Zoo

Last week, I went with Rob, Kristi, Aaron, and Bryan to the Portland Zoo. I hadn't been there before and was excited to go, especially because on the second Tuesday of the month, it only costs $2! It was so fun, the weather was nice, and it wasn't too crowded. We had to wait in line to see the new baby elephant and by the time we got up there, it was asleep. So not worth it. But there was an awesome poster that showed how elephants are born that made me laugh pretty hard. So, all in all, it was totally worth it! They have these cool Lorikeets (that are so pretty) that you can feed juice to, so we did that for awhile. They fly right up to your cup and drink out of your hand. It was pretty cool. We went to the Portland temple afterwards to go to the Distribution Center and saw the fountain and flowers, so that was really fun. I can't believe I have to drive two hours to get to a temple here - I was so spoiled growing up in Utah with so many temples so close! Thanks for inviting me, Rob and Kristi! I had so much fun!!


3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

How fun! I love going to the zoo... when the weathers nice, like it was for you guys. You're right, those Lorikeets are beautiful! How fun to feed them! I would totally wait in line to see a baby elephant, even if it sleeping :) Love the pictures!

Valeri said...

Looks like you guys had fun! $2 admission is a steal!

Camille said...

That looks like a great time - we really need to get our kids to the zoo again, we haven't been there for a long time.