February 17, 2009

Disneyland

Last week Dan and I went to Disneyland with my entire family to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday that's next month. Growing up, my dad loved going to Disneyland with us, so we figured it would be a fun present for him to be able to go with all his kids and grandkids. We had so much fun! We'd been planning this trip since last July-ish so that everyone would be able to get time off of work and make arrangements. It was so fun to have every single person in the family there. It's been a long time since we've all been able to go on a vacation together. We had a birthday cake for my dad on Sunday night after we all got to California and then went to Disneyland on Monday and Tuesday. It wasn't very crowded either day, which made lines really nice - although it rained on Monday. Dan and I figured we'd stay a couple of extra days since we were already down there. So on Wednesday, we went to Knott's Berry Farm (which was totally empty) - mainly for me since I love roller coasters. :) On Thursday, we took it easy and drove out to the coast. We went to Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. As a result, we would both love to live in Newport. Too bad it's so expensive! Here are some pictures I took. Since we split up at the park a lot, I don't have pictures of everyone unfortunately.


9 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

Cute pictures! It was lot's of fun to be there with you guys. Can't wait until we get to see you again!

Heather said...

We thought of you last week....jealously! Glad it was fun!

Anonymous said...

You got some great pictures! I can tell that you all had a wonderful time!!

Aunt Carolyn

stephschmidt said...

I love all the pictures! Colin looks so much older in those! What a great time we had, huh? Newport looks beautiful. Can I visit you if you move there?

Cram Family said...

hey now I have found your blog also. I am a huge blog lover. its good to keep up with all of your family this way!! Hope you guys are doing good. Desserae

Deanne Hill said...

What a fun vacation! :) Also, about Trader Joe's- their Candy Cane Joe Joe's around Christmas time are so yummy and addictive it's silly. You should definitely try them at Christmas!

Todd Family said...

Hey!! Glad you had fun in our neck of the woods!! We would love for you guys to live down here!! We are 5 miles from the beach (we are in costa mesa which is next to newport and huntington beach). We love it down here...so let me know when you are coming down again! :)

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Okay, so I had my comment posted and then saw that I had an extra word that didn't belong in there but it was too late to take it out, so I deleted the comment and tried to edit it and add it again. What a mistake! It caused a server error and I had the hardest time getting back to where I was again. I won't be doing that again. :)

So as I was saying....What a fun, fun trip!!! Your pictures are fantastic!! How WONDERFUL that you were all able to go together! You can see from the pictures how much fun you had and how much you enjoyed being together! What a great way for all of you to celebrate your dad's birthday! I love the pictures of you and Dan at the beach--they are gorgeous--and all of the other pictures on your slide show too! Dan is hilarious! It's fun seeing what he is going to be doing in each new picture! I love the one of the dinosaur chasing him! :) Love you guys! You're such a cute couple!