April 14, 2009

Touring the Facilities

Last Saturday my nephew and I took a tour of the Oregon Ducks' world-class training facilities. One of the guys on the team is in our ward and he was kind enough to arrange a private tour at the last minute (thanks, Will!). Since the founders of Nike went to this school, they have put millions and millions of dollars into this program, so they can afford to have all of the high-tech training equipment (and over a dozen 60+ inch flat screen TVs). Did you know that Nike makes contact lenses for both day (black lenses) and night (red lenses) vision?
Anyway, I didn't really take pictures in the training rooms, but I did in the indoor field and while in Duck Mecca, aka Autzen Stadium. It was fun to run around on the fields. Did you know that when you slide on that new, grass-like turf that it doesn't even stain your jeans? Not that I dove into the end zone while racing my nephew or anything...
Here are some pics (in addition to the rad one up top). Enjoy!

Braden chillin' on the field.

Walking through the team tunnel.


Braden and Ducks D-lineman Will Tukuafu

He's stormin' the field and tearing down the goal post!


The end zone...yep.

He's a zippy little sucker...
...and he sprints like a gazelle!

This is my favorite picture of them all. We came, we saw, we conquered.

3 comments:

Blake said...

Very Cool! The last picture is very inspirational.

Kristi S. said...

I quite enjoyed all those pictures--even though it was in enemy territory!

stephschmidt said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time!