October 6, 2009

Thoughtful Dan

Tonight when Dan got home from work, he called me on the phone to ask if I could help him carry his work backpack in since he doesn't have his cane anymore (that's a whole new post...) and needed help carrying it. I thought that sounded a little strange, but I went to help him and sitting in the trunk of his car was this!!!


I was so excited!! He got it for me as a "thank you" for helping him out the last few months while he's been recovering. Which really hasn't been a big deal to me - he would've done the same for me, plus some. But let's not tell him that...I'm just excited that he got this for me!

A few weeks ago, I went to my friend Michelle's house and we made baby blankets...okay, she made a baby blanket. My job was to take one piece of fabric and sew the edges in a straight line. Hers turned out beautiful. Mine...well, mine is a piece of fabric with crooked lines on it. But I love the blankets I made. :) And ever since then, I've been dying to get a sewing machine so I could learn to do all these cool things with it!! So we went to the store and I bought some stuff. We'll see how it all turns out.

9 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

Lucky! I want one!

stephschmidt said...

Ditto Kelly - I would love a sewing machine! That is so awesome of Dan! I love fun surprises :)

Michelle said...

Yeah Angie! I'm so excited for you! What a sweet and thoughtful gift from Dan (good job listening!). I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see what you make. We'll have to have a sewing party again soon.

Kristi S. said...

That's so cool! We were just talking about that last weekend!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

How fun! My mom and I started a beginners sewing class a couple weeks ago and it's been a blast! Hope you have fun making all kinds of fun things like we have. Hope life is great for you in Eugene! Have a great day!

Camille said...

I love your photo at the top of your blog.

Valeri said...

I just love you guys, and yet I don't even think I've ever met Dan! It's just so obvious that you are good to one another.

By the way, I heard the news... SO THRILLED for you both! Congrats!!!!

Kellie said...

What a cute hubby! That is what Spencer did with my camera. He asked me if I could go get the Dr Pepper out of the car. He is usually much more chivalrous then that and when I got there, there was my camera! Have fun with your sewing machine

Katie-babe said...

I want that!!! I've been dying for a sewing machine for years. Dan is awsome for getting one for you. Keep practicing and you'll do great!!! Lets see some pics of your hard work. :)