December 14, 2009

Flu Shots


Angie and I have been busy the last few weeks, which is always a good time. We've mainly been caught up in preparations for the baby we are excited to adopt in a few weeks. The process has been going very well and you can keep up with that on our other blog: http://www.ourpathtoadoption.blogspot.com/.

As part of the preparations, we went to an urgent care facility to get our H1N1 vaccines. We feel this is a good thing to do since we are going to be parents soon. Anyway, I had a dork moment that I don't mind sharing. As I was sitting in the chair ready to receive my shot in the shoulder, I couldn't help but think of that song called "Hearts on Fire" in Rocky IV when the training montage is going on and Ivan Drago receives his steroid injection. I was tempted to stand up from out of my chair, raise my arms in the air and yell, "Dragooooo!" like Rocky does when he climbs to the top of that mountain. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about or am I a bigger dork than I thought?

I must mention that Ang was braver at this than I thought. I came out wimpering a little and she was rock solid. If anyone asks, I'll say it was the other way around.

Anyway, here's the YouTube clip in case you forgot: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbLzu83Ato&NR=1&feature=fvwp

The injection is at 1:57 and the part where he yells, "Dragooooo!" is at the end of the clip. I think this clip is dubbed in either Spanish or Japanese. I'm leaning toward Spanish.

3 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

Dan your so funny! Don't worry I see grown men cry all the time with shots you are not alone :)

Kristi S. said...

How come you didn't consider it to be dubbed in Russian? It's obviously Russian.

This all was so funny! Congrats on your shot!

stephschmidt said...

Hahahaha, way to be brave, Ang! You're a good example for your husband :)