November 23, 2009

Intervention

On Friday night, some girls and I went to New Moon. A few of the husbands and kids came over to our place to hang out with Dan while we were gone. Big mistake. We came home to this:



Yep. They held an intervention. They even wrote letters to each of us and read them out loud. Apparently just because we wish they were sparkly, or because we call them Mr. Ab-tastic, or because we read and reread the books and watch the movies over and over, they think we're obsessed. Whatever. Here we are listening to the men try to convey their heartbreak over it (I look like such a dork - what am I doing??):

Here's Dan getting some support while reading my letter:


Dan even found a shirt that I made and tried to hide from him. The front says "Edward sucks..." and the back says "...on my neck."



. . .
Actually, none of the obsession is true. We do like the books and movies, but only a normal amount. This was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Watching them trying to be so serious about the whole thing was classic. Oh, and as a side note, I didn't make that shirt - Dan did, but it's awesome. I so love all these people - they are so great! It's because of them (and R&K) and all of our friends here that I love living here so much! And aren't I so lucky to be married to someone that would be so cool to put this together?? We have so much fun!!

8 comments:

Hope said...

Angie, I think that is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Dan is just the same as he was back when we were roommates. Fun fun. Good luck to you guys with everything!

Wendy said...

I love that! It reminds of something that Brandon would do. I especially like the shirt Dan made you. :)

Chelsea B. said...

That is hilarious!

Kristin said...

Ha ha, great post Ang. It was hilarious, they did a great job. I think that they were more jealous that they were the babysitters and didn't get to see the movie. Blake actually told me he was studying at school last night, but I found a ticket stub to New Moon in his jean pocket.

stephschmidt said...

I think this is hilarious! I love that Dan did this, and that you guys have such great friends!

Camille said...

That is so funny!

Unknown said...

I too think that is Hilarious! You guys have so much fun! That is so great!

stephschmidt said...

CUTE blog! I love the picture at the top and the background - so festive!