October 2, 2011

Hiking Mount Pisgah

A week ago, Dan, Drew, and I hiked Mount Pisgah. We'd been told it's an easy hike. Well, let me just say that I'm not an avid hiker. The hiking I do is basically just walking, sometimes uphill a little. :) Mount Pisgah is definitely not just walking. It's all uphill. And hard. (For me, anyway.)


Poor Dan. I'm such a whiner. At one point, I said, "Can I please lay down and die?" :)


But, the view at the top was beautiful! Drew was a perfect angel. He was happy as can be in the carrier and had so much fun running around at the top.



On the way down, we took our time and ate the most delicious blackberries. They were so good! Totally made the hike worth it.

5 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Haha - I love your explanation of how much of a hiker you are :) What a fun thing to do as a family (even if you did want to lay down and die - ha!) :) Love Drew's blackberry face!

Michelle said...

Um, yeah, Pisgah is not easy :) It's straight up and then straight down. I liked it for a good workout, but not for a nice stroll! Glad you got to enjoy the view from the top though and that Drew was so good! Amelia only knows about screaming up and down Mt Pisgah. I think we only did it once after she came along as a result...

the splendid life of us... said...

We have never made it to the top either. It is a super steep hike! But since I did Spencer's Butte, pushing a 3 year old up and with a 25 baby on my back, I should try Pisgah again, haha! So fun to do little family outings like that, they are the best! And you have a super cute little family!

Brenley

Kristin said...

Ha ha, that's funny. I, too, was fooled by the supposed ease of the hike. It just keeps going up and up and up. Thank goodness for strong husbands who carry the kids up, huh?

The Huffs said...

We never did that one. Probably a good thing:) Fun to see Drew get so big.