August 28, 2010

Surprise Visit to Utah

Since Dan had to go out of town for 4 days, Drew and I decided to surprise my family in Utah. I love surprises. I'm not so sure Drew does. :) I thought it would be funny to put Drew on my parent's porch in his carseat by himself. So I did that and had my sister, Steph, call my mom and ask her to come outside to help her with some stuff. So my poor mother opens the door, sees Drew, screams out of excitement (which I knew she would do because she usually does), and poor little Drew just cried and cried (which I knew he would - am I horrible for wanting the surprise at everyone's expense??). Drew recovered quickly and absolutely loves my mom. :) I had Steph record the surprise:

We were able to see one of my best friends, Angie, and her mom and sister, which was so fun!
Someone in my family cough*mom*cough took my phone and took random pictures. (I love my family!)
Gavin, Drew, and Ranen are 4 months apart. Drew was born in December, Ranen in February, and Gavin in April. So I thought it'd be fun to get a picture of them together. Gavin and Ranen cooperated. Drew just tried grabbing the other babies (poor Gavin's bracing himself), tried standing up when my mom tried holding his hands down (sorry, Mom), and tried scooting away.

We finally got a decent one with Gavin and Drew smiling. I'm not sure Ranen was thrilled about the whole idea. :)
My dad took our family to Incredible Pizza, which was so fun. Drew got to ride in this car that goes around on a track and he loved playing with the steering wheel.
Thanks, everyone, for a wonderful visit!

3 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I didn't realize it was a suprise! That is so fun! I did that with our families when Mac was 2.5 months old. And I took a video too here ( http://bandbfam.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-post.html ) it is hilarious! Guess what you didn't miss a baby shower, my in-laws decided to wait. You can stop by to see Oaklee (and us) anytime this week.

Heather said...

Laughed over that one...thought the video was so funny I had to show it to my mom!

stephschmidt said...

It was SO fun having you guys visit! I loved being able to see you so much! I still think that video's hilarious! And I didn't know it was MOM that took those pictures! Should've known :)