July 22, 2011

Hoop Dreams and Ice Cream



Since Drew's birthday is the day after Christmas, we decided that this year, we'd halfway celebrate his half birthday. We gave him presents at the end of June and on his actual birthday, we'll have cake.


I really like how it turned out.


Drew loves balls. I mean, L-O-V-E-S them. Particularly basketballs and baseballs. He's an easy-going kid. Not a whole lot bothers him. But if you try to take his ball, he'll clutch it and run.


So for his half birthday, we got him a basketball hoop, a couple of basketballs, a t-ball set, and a couple other toys he plays with occasionally. :)


He's been in heaven ever since. He didn't even hesitate when he saw his gifts. He ran right over and played. (By the way, we were so lucky to have my sister, Jodi, and her kids visiting so we got to have a mini party for his half birthday! It was SO fun!)




He's dreamin' a little bit bigger these days. One day he'll get there.



Drew's two other favorite things are Amelia, his very best friend, and ice cream. Last night, he was able to have both and, boy, was he happy!



5 comments:

The Huffs said...

Happy half birthday. What a good idea! We miss you guys

Michelle said...

So cute! I love the basketball shots and of course the ice cream pictures :)

Kelly Stoddart said...

looks like a fun summer. My dad's birthday is right after Christmas and he used to say how he always wished he could have a summer birthday so he would have half birthday's too!

the splendid life of us... said...

I have always meant to do this with McCoy since his is the 14th of December. I feel like he gets way to much stuff since he is very spoiled by his grandparents for both birthday and christmas. I will need to remember for next year, because I think it is such a great idea!!!
And I love the pic of him under the big basketball hoop, adorable!!

Steph said...

Look at you posting twice in one month!! I am impressed :D I love the half birthday party, and how fun to have ice cream with Amelia! I love it!