July 17, 2008

Road Trippin' to San Diego!

Last week, Angie and I drove to San Diego for vacation. We met up with one of Angie's sisters and her family down there. This was my first time to San Diego and I absolutely loved it! San Diego and the surrounding area is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone, except people who suck. They can go to L.A.
Anyway, there's so much I could ramble on about regarding our trip, but I'll spare you and give the highlights:
-We pulled off to get gas in a northern California town called Weed. I think Snoop Dogg is the mayor here.
-California was pretty smokey from all of the wildfires in the state. At one point in northern Cal, the smoke was very thick and brown. I swear this state looks like a giant fart outside, especially from outer space.
-Pulled off the freeway to get gas and ended up in a dirty part of Oakland. Good times!
-We stopped in San Francisco to stay the night and visit my sister. We ate at a kick-butt restaurant called Luna Park. They even let you make your own s'mores.
-Sea World was a blast! I wasn't too excited to go at first, but I ended up having a great time. Shamu and Co. put on a great show.
-We hit up Legoland and were amazed by all of the creations they had made out of Legos there.
-Stopped by the San Diego temple and walked around the grounds. This temple is highly visible off of I-5 and is a very beautiful and peaceful to walk around.
-Ang and I took a long walk on the beach at Mission Beach. We saw dolphins swimming out in the ocean! Very random and pretty cool.
-Went to Carlsbad beach to play in the ocean. Great times!
-After swimming in the ocean, we changed in the car (didn't even shower to get the salt water off of us)and headed straight to Petco Park for a San Diego Padres game. I love going to major league ball parks! One of my favorite things to do in life.
-We paid $4.77 per gallon for gas! Ugh!
-In-N-Out Burger. This is a must if you're traveling to California.

Unfortunately, we didn't run into Ron Burgundy or anyone else from the Channel 4 News Team. Oh well, maybe next time.
We have pictures, too. Enjoy the slide show!


6 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! It looks like it was lots of fun! I really need a vacation....

Kelly Stoddart said...

Looks like it was a fun trip! I am glad that you were able to go. I love what you said (I can't remember if it was here or the forum) about dressing up as king kong and destroying the lego cities.

Weavers said...

You weren't kiddin about vacationing for a living! Where do we send our resumes?!?

Wendy said...

I'm so disappointed you didn't run into Ron Burgundy! :) Sounds like you guys had a great trip! Glad you were able to go.

Camille said...

I'm glad you've got posts of Jodi's kids on your blog since I can't talk her into creating her own! What is that deal? It looks like you had a great time. James went to San Diego on his mission and we went back there for a "second honeymoon" when I was pregnant with Cameron. We look forward to going back there in less than a year!

brittanyc said...

What an awesome trip! You and Dan are always doing fun things. Those are good memories. I'm so glad to hear you loved Sea World...we're going there next year. I haven't been since I was way little. Thanks for the pics,
Britt