July 1, 2008

Birthday Week

So I absolutely LOVE birthdays. I totally make a big deal about them (well, mine and Dan's). I love doing birthday weeks where we do something fun every day for the entire week. Unfortunately we were both sick for a few days out of the week, so some of our "fun" things were pretty tame. On Sunday, we invited Rob, Kristi, Aaron, and Bryan over for dinner to kick off my birthday week. They're so cute and they brought brownies and cut ANG into them. It was awesome. Monday, we got Rock Band for the Wii! Dan had to go to Coos Bay for work from Monday to Wednesday so I went with him. We had so much fun! Tuesday, we ate at my favorite restaurant there, Benetti's and then went to Sunset Bay and walked along the beach. The water was actually warm enough to walk in, so I was ecstatic! Then we went to this ocean lookout point and just watched the waves for awhile. I love being on the coast! Wednesday we were both not feeling great, so I think we just made cookies that night. Thursday was another yucky day so I think we just got take out for dinner. Friday, I had a girl's night with a bunch of girls from my ward (we do it once a month to celebrate birthdays) at my house, which was so fun. But at the end, there were just a few girls left, someone came to my door (at around 11:20 - we were a little confused...). It was Jodi, John, and Tysen!! They had come to surprise me for my birthday!!! I was SO excited! I couldn't believe it!! I screamed a little and I think I kept saying 'are you serious??' It was so fun to get to know Tysen better. He's so dang cute. He is so easy to take pictures of because he's so smiley all the time! He loves watching John sing on Rock Band. He would just stare at him! He was so fun! So they stayed for the weekend and we had tons of fun!! It was HOT HOT HOT in Eugene, so Saturday we went to the coast and it was so much nicer. We went to Depoe Bay and to the beach. Sunday, we went to the rose garden and saw some fun things unique to Eugene, like a Sailbus. It was a VW bus with a boat welded to the top. Gotta love Oregon. :) I had so much fun this week!! I love my birthday! Thanks everyone for making it such a fun week!!!


10 comments:

Deanne Hill said...

Happy Birthday Ang! I loved those brownies with your name carved out! That is so sweet! I hope you get to make up for those 2 lost sick days too! :)

stephschmidt said...

Happy Happy Birthday week! I'm so glad you had such a great week, even if you did sound like a man for part of it :)

Camille said...

Tysen is getting big! What a fun surprise, I'm so glad they came. I love to celebrate birthdays for as long as possible too. One year James took me out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner at restaurants -- that was a treat. Happy Birthday!

Wendy said...

What a fun surprise Jodi gave you! I'm so glad you were able to spend time with them and have fun!

Hope said...

Angie! I found your blog through Betsy! How are you doing? I am doing well. Just still in good ol' Logan. Happy Birthday by the way. Glad I found you so I can keep in touch!

Betsy said...

Hey Angie! I havent talked to you forever, but I found you through Jon, and Hope found you through me, any way Jessica and Kaleena and Michelle all have blogs to if you want to check them out.

Michelle & Jordy said...

Angie!! Hello it is so good to see you guys I found you guys through Betsy, I'm still trying to figure out this whole Blog Busniess so I don't even know how to make you a friend LOL, N E wayz you guys look so happy and great! How's Orgeon!?

Weavers said...

we've really got to come visit you guys! How close are you guys to the coast anyway? You guys have some great pictures.

Josh and Kaleena said...

Hey Angie! Thanks for leaving your message on my blog! Your blog is super cute! I'm going have to learn how to do this fast to keep up with you guys! It's so fun to hear from you and see what's going on in your life! Keep in touch!
Kaleena

Michelle & Jordy said...

I know I love that I found you guys!! That is so great that you are in Orgeon! Jordan and I were talking about moving either there or Washington area, how did you end up there? Your pics are way cute!! We have to keep in touch!!