October 16, 2008

Retro Movie Night


One of the movie theaters in town has been doing a retro movie night about once a week and last night they were showing yet another timeless classic, The Karate Kid. I feel a special kinship with this movie, mainly because everyone started calling me "Daniel-san" when this movie came out (I thought it was cool that we had the same name).
Can you believe this movie is over 20 years old? I remember when this movie came out! How old am I? Anyway, it was fun to see in the theater, mainly because of the crowd's reaction to certain scenes (from the cheesy soundtrack to the climactic ending). I'm excited to go back to retro movie night and catch some other classics from my childhood. In the meantime, I'll keep telling myself the following:

-Wax on, wax off
-Sweep the leg
-You're the best...around!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no way this movie is 20 years old. Where has the time gone. I think it is a sign of getting old when you start to think things like this. I hope you both enjoyed the movie!! It is a classic!

stephschmidt said...

Sweet Daniel-san! I cannot believe that movie is 20 years old! Thanks for making us all feel a bit older today than we felt yesterday... :)

Anonymous said...

Daniel-san Phelps!! Holy crap! Apparently congrats are in order (4 years late) on your wedding, so congrats! Sounds like you guys are doing great. It's awesome to hear from you, please don't be a stranger.