November 1, 2008

Retro Movie Night II


The same movie theater that brought us The Karate Kid for their Retro Movie Night gave us the priviledge of showing Back to the Future. Angie and I had to be there. Our friends, Jake and Annie, decided to share this awesome experience with us.

Have you recently watched one of your favorite movies from the 80s and thought to yourself, "I can't believe I actually liked this when I was a kid?" Luckily, I didn't even think that about this one. Back to the Future is one of those movies that has surprisingly aged well. The four of us left the movie wondering why Hollywood can't seem make movies like that anymore.
Although I didn't like Back to the Future II, I think it would be worth watching again because they travel to 2010, which is less than two years away. It would be funny to see what they thought this time would be like 23 years ago (you know, with flying cars and nuclear microwaves and what-not).


Once again, can you believe this movie is over 20 years old? I clearly remember my mom taking me to see this in the theater. Man, I think I have to come to grips with being 30.

Oh, and along with pictures, I found this news brief from The Onion and found it hilarious (yes, it's relevant):

1 comment:

stephschmidt said...

Ok, I'll admit it, I watch this when it's on TV. It's just one of those good ole movies :) Glad you guys had such a good time! I'm counting down the days until next months movie.... :)